An enviro-stunt spectacular and two new Bike to Work Pants.
Today, Betabrand is proud to roll out two new editions of our Bike to Work Pants, the trousers with inner brilliance that are fast becoming a fashion staple of two-wheeled commuters across the country. But more on these in a moment.
We’re also thrilled to be launching — quite literally — a new icon of the environmental movement. Eight days from now, the soon-to-be legendary Eco Knievel, the world’s first green daredevil, will take flight in the most environmentally sustainable stunt ever conceived. (The following photo shows Eco practicing a jump over Skull Canyon aboard his trusty, two-wheeled electric steed from Onya Cycles.)
Who is Eco Knievel? Some say he was born in a Greenpeace zodiac as it chased a whaling ship through a typhoon. Others claim he was an orphan raised by a pack of stuntmen as one of their own. Very little is actually known about him, save this:
On Thursday, May 19, Eco Knievel will helm a roundtable discussion at San Francisco’s venerable Commonwealth Club on what he believes to be the alarming lack of testosterone in the modern environmental movement. This will be followed by an epic, bicycle-based stunt at the Bay Area Maker Faire on Saturday, May 21.
And what better trousers to wear while attending this historic twin bill than our Bike to Work Pants, now available in two new colors: khaki and an ultra-limited-edition Eco Knievel blue — the same pants Eco himself will don for his stunt spectacular! (The first 50 people to buy a pair of either will receive a signed Eco Knievel poster!)
Like all our Bike to Work Pants, these comfy cotton trousers (Eco Knievels are made of 100% organic cotton) feature ankle cuffs and rear-pocket pullouts lined with Illuminite® and Scotchlite™ fabric, giving bike commuters the power of radical reflectivity on trips to and from the office.
In addition to purchasing a pair of Bike to Work Pants and becoming a gasoline-free commuter, what else can you do to help the environment? Eco Knievel has prepared a short list for your consideration:
- Sell your coal-burning Jet Ski.
- Save the whales, then take them to Vegas.
- Make sure your upcoming arm-wrestling tournament is 100% certified organic.
- Join eco-luminaries like Saul Griffith at Thursday’s (May 19) Commonwealth Club event and help brainstorm fun ways to inject Knievel-esque spirit into the envrionmental movement.
- Go to the Bay Area Maker Faire on May 21 to watch Eco’s history-making stunt — or watch online at Betabrand.com.
- On your next BASE jump, carry a resuable cotton tote to collect harmful chlorofluorocarbons as you descend.
- Buy the same bike that Eco rides in all his stunts: the Onya Cycles “E.T.,” an awesome electro-cycle that burns rubber without burning gas.
- Compost your foes.
See other Betabrand fans face-to-face on our Facebook fan page. This is our message board, rumor mill, lightning deal depot and Model Citizen HQ.
Betabrand / 3435 Cesar Chavez #224A / San Francisco, CA 94110
Latest posts by Betabrand Supercomputer (see all)
- 30-Day Dress, Work-to-Evening Dress - October 29, 2015
- Our New Active Blazer: Now In Crowdfunding - October 29, 2015
- Stunt-Tested Jeans For Him, A Performance Top For Her, - October 29, 2015