It’s time to launch the universe’s first space fashion brand. And on Thursday, June 12th, we’re inviting you to help us invent it.
We welcome all space experts and enthusiasts, graphic designers, futurists, photographers, and everyone else who’s interested.
We have a brand name — Mission Control — and that’s about it.
Come help us design products, logos, marketing stunts, and a lift-off plan.
It will be an active astro-creation jam, with space speakers, a raffle with stellar prizes, pizza, adult beverages (Tang cocktail suggestions, anyone?), astronaut ice cream, and all participants will receive a t-shirt with the winning logo! (Not immediately, of course, but soon after the event.)
– Ariel Waldman is founder of Spacehack.org, a directory of ways to participate in space exploration, and the global instigator of Science Hack Day, an event that brings together scientists, technologists, designers, and people with good ideas to see what they can create in one weekend. In addition, she’s a member of the NAS Committee on Human Spaceflight, a fellow at the Institute For The Future, and a White House-recognized “Citizen Science Champion of Change.”
– More TBA…
– A one-year membership to the Academy of Sciences! – $100 value
– Two tickets to the “Learn to Fly a Planetarium Show!” (Includes dinner) at the Chabot Space and Science Supper Club on Thurs. July 19th – $120 value
– An Official Betabrand Space Jacket! – $250 value
Tickets are $5 in advance; $8 at the door, space permitting.
After you’ve registered on Eventbrite, you’ll receive a Pre-Mission Checklist on the confirmation page that will include preparation instructions, a list of what to bring, and a folder filled with images and inspiration.
Latest posts by Betabrand Supercomputer (see all)
- 30-Day Dress, Work-to-Evening Dress - October 29, 2015
- Our New Active Blazer: Now In Crowdfunding - October 29, 2015
- Stunt-Tested Jeans For Him, A Performance Top For Her, - October 29, 2015