Advertising lore would have us believe that attractive women are the key to getting either gender to linger longer on your ad. But in digital, could it be that the male crotch is actually the key to click-through gold?
In the Facebook promotion/ad test, the retailer says its photo of an iPad near a man’s crotch yielded:
• 28,000 free site visits as a result of shares
• 64 percent more engagement (shares, likes, follows)
• 60 percent more on-site email signups
• 30 percent more clicks for the dollar
• 20 percent more purchases