In today's newsletter: new Tokyo cargos, laser cocktails, and the Million-Man Model Citizen Wall of Fame.
New to this transpacific trouser phenomenon? A riveting explanation awaits you below. But first, a few photos. (See if you can spot the robot.)
We've always been fascinated with Tokyo design. After all, this is the wondrous, futuristic city where robots outnumber humans 2-1, the hottest clubs serve cocktails made of laser beams, and the most popular musical act is a screeching, translucent orb. (Don't bother fact-checking these statements. Trust us, they're true.) You can imagine how interesting the clothing can be.
Problem is, getting your American hands on genuine Tokyo fashion has meant struggling to understand Japanese sizing, Japanese characters, and the relative value of the yen. So we thought it would be cool to team up with friend and Tokyo designer Tomo Saito to create a new line of Tokyo-style cargo pants made from high-end Japanese fabric — right here in our San Francisco sew shop.
- Made of 100% soft cotton twill
- Pockets galore, including a roomy cargo pocket and a handy cash pocket
- Work-pant-inspired knee patches for a sturdier, comfier fit
- Funky asymmetrical pocket flaps (New!)
- A forest of fine wooden buttons (New!)
- Two-button waistband extension (New!)
- Button-down center belt loop in back (New!)
- Yarn-dyed striped and gingham liners (New!)
We've taken the convention of Western designs manufactured in Asia and turned it on its head. So now it's easy for you own a pair of hip Tokyo trousers. Check out all five styles of Japants in the Betabrand store.
Introducing the Model Citizen Wall of Fame
Think you deserve a spot on the Wall of Fame? Send us your best photo and find out!
Remember, it takes just a few seconds to transform yourself into a Betabrand supermodel. Click the green Model Citizen tab on the right side of any Betabrand.com page (or just click here) and then upload your photo. In seconds, you'll have a link you can share with friends, family, and anyone who said you'd never amount to squat.
See other Betabrand fans face-to-face on our Facebook fan page. This is our message board, rumor mill, lightning deal depot and Model Citizen HQ.
Betabrand / 3435 Cesar Chavez #224A / San Francisco, CA 94110
Latest posts by Betabrand Supercomputer (see all)
- 30-Day Dress, Work-to-Evening Dress - October 29, 2015
- Our New Active Blazer: Now In Crowdfunding - October 29, 2015
- Stunt-Tested Jeans For Him, A Performance Top For Her, - October 29, 2015