In today's newsletter: We introduce you to a trio of new horizontal-corduroy shorts, plus we prepare to throw the greatest San Francisco pre-summer party since the Great Haight Dreadlock Cookoff.
First off, we'd like to introduce you to Cordarounds Shorts, the warm-weather version of our classic Cordarounds trousers.
Like their lengthier brethren, our Cordarounds Shorts are ultra-comfy and come equipped with all sorts of handsome goodies, like slanted patch pockets up front, evil-eye pockets in the rear, distinctively styled buttons, and eye-catching Japanese cotton liners. They're now available in two of Betabrand's all-time favorite colors: olive and khaki.
Next up: our new Blue Bedford Cord Shorts. They're similar to our Cordarounds Shorts but weigh a bit less and have more of a Bermuda-style fit — just a little looser in the thigh and seat. Blue Bedfords also feature an all-natural corozo button, side-flash front pockets and evil-eye rear pockets, and an aizome-dyed Japanese cotton liner.
Not only do our new shorts look great, all three possess the space-age innovation you’ve come to expect from our horizontal-corduroy trousers, including:
- Reduced drag coefficient for faster walking, smoother horseshoe throwing, and more impressive karate sky-kicking.
- A nearly frictionless pant-wearing experience, which means a drastically lower crotch-heat index — no small consideration as the swelter of summer sets in. (Compare our meshing horizontal wales to the vertical wales and grooves of traditional corduroy trousers, which not only pose a friction-fire hazard but can also whisk radiant heat crotch-ward to form an uncomfortable and possibly incendiary column of superheated air.)
Our Blue Bedford and Cordarounds Shorts are lovingly made in limited batches, right here in our San Francisco sew shop. Order yours today, only at Betabrand.com.
The Betabrand Summer Kickoff Spectacular + DISCOCON 2011
Our eagerly anticipated summer-kickoff soiree takes place at Betabrand world headquarters TOMORROW (Friday, June 10). Come one, come all!
We've been in business nearly a year, so it's time to celebrate West Coast style. Not exactly sure what that means, but we'll do our level best to achieve it, starting at 8 p.m. Please dress fashionably. That is, try to wear something(s) you bought from us. Failing that, please arrive no less than 95% clothed.
See other Betabrand fans face-to-face on our Facebook fan page. This is our message board, rumor mill, lightning-deal depot, and Model Citizen HQ.
Betabrand / 3435 Cesar Chavez #224A / San Francisco, CA 94110
Latest posts by Betabrand Supercomputer (see all)
- 30-Day Dress, Work-to-Evening Dress - October 29, 2015
- Our New Active Blazer: Now In Crowdfunding - October 29, 2015
- Stunt-Tested Jeans For Him, A Performance Top For Her, - October 29, 2015