Jobs at Betabrand
Betabrand is an online clothing company based in San Francisco's Mission District. Our goal: design products and build a brand through crowdfunding, crowdsourcing, crowd-everything!
Our approach to e-commerce is covered by national and international media nonstop. The result: a very active (and growing) audience of customers and fans, as well as top investors like the Foundry Group and OATV.
We hire creative people who want to push the limits of our already limit-pushing enterprise — to keep things fun, and the rest of us sharp.
Network Administrator: ...and so much more. Click here and read on.
Wanted: Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer with emphasis on back-end chops. You'll be joining a small scrappy team building and experimenting with new ideas for social e-commerce.
- Entrepreneurial and passionate about growing a company (not just taking a job).
- Work well in a small Scrum team.
- Willing to wear many hats and collaborate with non-technical creatives.
- A great sense of humor.
About Your Skills:
- Strong Linux system administration skills:
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, memcached, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- Shell scripting
- Experience with tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible (we use Ansible)
- Good understanding of networking in general
- Proven experience in Web Application development:
- Deep understanding of HTTP/HTTPS protocols, as well as DNS
- Understand of caching and load balancing concepts
- Expert knowledge of at least one programming language
- Knowledge of PHP (we're a PHP shop)
- Knowledge of Magento a huge++
- Experience with the following a big plus: Redis, Memcached, Varnish, MySQL, Git, HAProxy, Apache, Docker, Ansible
- Appreciation of Agile Development and good programming practices
- Knowledge of UX/UI, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
There’s a lot of opportunity here to help shape the vision and direction of the company. If that sounds exciting to you, let's chat. Send a resume, cover letter, and anything else that may persuade us to love you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wanted: Network Administrator
Seeking a member of the dev team to handle the back-end of the back-end. And some front-end of the back-end too.
- Maintain network infrastructure
- Administer multiple network servers and database infrastructure for company
- Manage growth and scalability of infrastructure
- Perform detailed core programming and module development for Magento e-Commerce Framework
- Use Varnish Caching server and perform VCL programming
- Perform advanced Linux administration (including server configuration and scripting)
- Use TCP, IP for projects Responsible for network’s health and uptime
- Design and implement extension modules for Magento and WordPress
- Integrate 3rd party software for system
- Use multiple scripting languages for projects (PHP, Ruby, Python, Bash, VCL)
- Provide operational project management, and resolve end-user problems
Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, plus 1 year experience. Experience must include detailed core programming & module development for Magento e-Commerce Framework, use of Varnish Caching server & VCL programming, advanced Linux administration (including server configuration & scripting), & use of TCP, IP.
Interested? Send a resume, cover letter, and anything else that may persuade us to love you to email@example.com.